Main Article Content
The author observes that, to respond to new threats, instead of appropriately and coordinated use of the various mission models known as peace enforcement, peacebuilding, peacemaking, or prevention of peace, the Security Council chose to reshape traditional peacekeeping missions to arrive at what it called robust missions. Unfortunately, this remodeling consists in practice of awarding ambitious mandates without even providing for sufficient capacity. So, we ended up with missions whose capacities were below the task, hence the failure.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Adam Day () the future of un peace operations in a changing conflict environment https://peacekeeping.un.org/sites/default/files/future_of_peacekeeping_operations_in_a_changing_conflict_environment.pdf
Boutros Boutros-Ghali (09/2015) The United Nations at 70, https://www.un.org/en/chronicle/article/seventy-years-united-nations
Dos Santos Cruz (19/12/2017); Improving Security of United Nations Peacekeepers; United nation general-secretory
- KERSTIN ODENDAH(2014) Notion of threat to peace according to article 39 of the united nations charter, the practice of the security council; A.Pedone
- Yves Daudet (11/2014) 70 years of the united nations, what role in the world today: A pedone; http://pedone.info/732/70ans.html
-Amel Boubekeur, Xavier Crettiez and Laurent Mucchielli (02/07/2010), Political violence in Europe: An inventory, Paris https://journals.openedition.org/lectures/1068
- Geneva center for security sector governance: The Future of UN Peacekeeping: Reflections on Strengthening the Role of Peacekeeping in Sustaining Peace from a Security Sector Reform Perspective
- Rhoda E. Howard-Hassmann (2004): Reparations to Africa and the Group of Eminent Persons; https://journals.openedition.org/etudesafricaines/4543
- Safwene Grira (11.04.2016), Trial of peacekeepers in the DRC: "We fear a conviction just to please the UN"; https://www.aa.com.tr/fr/afrique/proc%C3%A8s-des-casques-bleus-en-rdc-nous-craignons-une-condamnation-rien-que-pour-plaire-%C3%A0-lonu-/553037
- Nathalie Durhin(10/03/2021) United Nations peacekeeping operations: the problem of sexual violence; Cairn https://www.cairn.info/revue-defense-nationale-2018-HS1-page-167.htm
-NICOLAS DE RIVIERE (6/09/2022) United Nations peacekeeping operations intervention, New York
-Kspersky : Que sont le Deep Web et le Dark Web ?, https://www.kaspersky.fr/resource-center/threats/deep-web
- Cedric de Coning, Chiyuki Aoi, John Karlsrud (01/2017): UN Peacekeeping Doctrine in a New Era Adapting to Stabilization, Protection and New Threats; Routledge
- Lawteacher.net (17/07/2019) : The Problems of implementation of peacekeeping Operations in Africa ; https://www.lawteacher.net/
- Kai Michael Kenkel (2013) Five generation of peace operation: from “thin blue line” to “painting a country blue”
-Marjuka Binte Afzal () Understanding fourth generation peacekeeping: striving for peace in a new millennium
-UN Secretary-Ceneral (17/6/2015); Identical letters of the Secretary-General addressed to the President of the General Assembly and the President of the Security Council https://digitallibrary.un.org/record/
- United Nation: PREVENTING CONFLICT; https://peacekeeping.un.org/fr/preventing-conflicts
- UNITED NATIONS (2008), United Nations Peacekeeping Operations. Principles and Guidelines, New York, Department of Peacekeeping Operations/ Department of Mission Support.
- Norwegian Institute for International Affairs (NUPI) (2015): Aligning Principles and Practice